Today, we’re excited to officially announce the release of the T SoM, a powerful, configurable, and extensible tracking product for the Particle Tracking System.
We started development of the T SoM at the beginning of this year and we’re proud to officially get this product out into the world and into your hands. The T SoM serves as an accelerated starting point to organizations that require a tailored tracking solution for sophisticated applications, as well as, a fully-certified foundation for original equipment manufacturers developing commercial products.
For a limited time only, we’re offering 15% off for the rest of the week for the T SoM & T SoM Eval Kit. You can grab yours today by clicking the link below, or scroll below to read more about the T SoM.
GRAB YOURS TODAY
The most customizable tracking product on the market
T SoM is a powerful, configurable, and extensible IoT System-on-Module (SoM) that builds on Particle’s Tracking Services foundation and provides a powerful MCU, GNSS, and advanced peripherals in a compact form factor.
Powered by the Particle Tracking System
The Particle Tracking System comes with everything you need to map, monitor, and manage your asset data. All device data is sent to a central interface so you can easily manage your assets in real time.
Configurable for your needs; No PH.D Required
Optimize the T SoM for your use case without writing any code. With Particle’s OTA Configuration Services, you can push immediate updates to your fleet with just a touch of a button. Customize data publishing rates or setup motion detection alerts with ease.
Our Tracker Edge firmware is also fully extensible so you can add additional sensors or any user defined capabilities. You can extend underlying device firmware wirelessly with Particle’s OTA firmware updates, or with our suite of software development tools.
Everything you need to build a reliable tracking product
The T SoM is a comprehensive piece of hardware for all your tracking needs:
- Highly-reliable cellular connectivity with LTE CAT M1 connectivity in North America via the Quectel BG96 and LTE CAT 1 with 3G and 2G fallback in EMEA via the Quectel EG91-X
- Power efficient connectivity with LTE CAT 1 offering a 50% improvement as compared to 3G while LTE CAT M1 offers even more power savings through Power Save Mode and eDRX
- GNSS provided by u-blox eo M8U with onboard dead-reckoning for up to 1.8m CEP50 GPS accuracy
- Wi-Fi location via onboard ESP32 with SSID scanning for third-party Wi-Fi location services
- Powerful and efficient MCU: Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 SoC ARM Cortex-M4F 32-bit processor @64MHz with 1MB flash, 256KB RAM, and Bluetooth
- 8MB additional Flash with a Posix file system with full wear-leveling and power-safety for user storage, location logging, and backup
- PMIC & Fuel Gauge: integrated power management, LiPo charger, and battery connector
- Onboard, integrated CAN Bus controller and transceiver for fleet management and micromobility applications
- I/O Expander: 1 x SPI, 1 x I2C, 1 x UART, and up to 6 x GPIO available
- GNSS clock and battery-backed RTC clock
- Integrated Watch-Dog Timer for whole system reset should a user application require it
- Castellated form factor for ease of manufacturing and reliability
- Multi-Purpose Indicator LED
- Multi-Purpose Button