SafeTransport Makes the School Commute More SecureConsult an expert
As a result of switching to Particle, we’ve reduced our monthly, per-unit overhead by half.
SafeTransport – a subsidiary of Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI) – is using Particle to bring the field of fleet management to the school commute. Powered by the Particle Asset Tracker, SafeTransport allows school administrators to remotely track and monitor school buses in real time. Administrators can now monitor drivers’ speeds, identify which buses are behind schedule, communicate proactively with parents, and more.
- Successfully deployed throughout 3 large school districts in just 1.5 years
- 360 buses tracked and monitored daily across multiple counties
- Frequent, accurate location reporting (refresh every 10s)
- Comprehensive speeding and driver compliance reports
- User interface accessible from smartphone, tablet, and computer
- Facilitates simple fleet mileage and rider reporting for state reimbursement
- OTA Updates & Management facilitate widespread deployment at low cost
- Switching from legacy solution to Particle resulted in 50% reduction in per-unit costs for SafeTransport
After switching from a previous hardware solution to Particle, SafeTransport was able to cut its per-unit costs in half, and improve the stability and functionality of their service. After the success of their first three school districts, SafeTransport is set to expand their operations to more school districts in the region.
Particle is a scalable, reliable, and secure Internet of Things device platform that enables businesses to quickly and easily build, connect and manage their IoT solutions. As the most widely used IoT platform, Particle's tools are used by over 150,000 engineers in more than 170 countries, and by 8,500 companies. From device to connectivity to the cloud, Particle provides everything you need to develop and manage fleets of new IoT products.
About Computer Aid, Inc
Founded in 1983, Computer Aid (CAI) is a global IT services firm that employs 4,000 associates and is currently managing active engagements with Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies around the world. CAI offerings include balanced outsourcing solutions, application support, application development, business knowledge capture, and desktop services. We’re headquartered in Pennsylvania, with offices and staff throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.